War Thunder is one of the most popular MMO military video games. It allows players access to armored vehicles, naval craft, and aviation from the Cold War and World War 2. You can participate in main battles in the air, on land, at sea, and fight with lots of players from around the world in an ever-evolving environment. If you are unable to play the game due to low FPS, then read on. Reduced frame rate is often caused by unoptimized code, glitches, or incompatible in-game settings. To fix this issue, check out the solutions mentioned below:
Using a Dedicated GPU
You can use the dedicated GPU by following these steps mentioned below:
- Go to a blank area and right-click on it.
- Then choose the ‘NVIDIA Control Panel’ option.
- Select the 3D settings option.
- You should click on the ‘Manage 3D settings’ option from the left panel.
- Choose the tab of ‘Program Settings’ then click on the ‘War Thunder’ through the pull-down list.
- Navigate to the ‘High-performance NVIDIA processor’ option.
- Now, select the right option.
Close Unwanted Apps
You can close unwanted apps by pursuing these steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to the taskbar, right-click on it, and choose the Task Manager.
- Now, you should right-click on the app you would like to close and select the End task option.
Change the Power Plan of System
You can change the power plan of the system by pursuing these steps mentioned below:
- Hold the Windows and R hotkeys to invoke the Run prompt.
- After that, input ‘control’ into it and select the OK button to launch the Control Panel.
- You should choose the ‘Small icons’ option through the pull-down menu beside ‘View by’ and then select the ‘Power Options.’
- Go to the ‘High Performance’ option.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Set the In-Game Graphics Settings
You can change set the in-game graphics settings by pursuing these steps mentioned below:
- At first, invoke the War Thunder and select the Gear symbol to launch the Settings.
- Thereafter, disable the V-Sync and adjust every option beneath the ‘Advanced Settings’ section to the minimum.
- Now, reopen the game.
Install the War Thunder Again
You can install the War Thunder again by pursuing these steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, launch Steam and select the tab of the Library.
- Then select War Thunder and right-click on it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall button.
- Go to the Delete button to verify.
- Once the uninstallation process is over, close Steam.
- Hold the Windows and E hotkeys over the keyboard to launch File Explorer.
- Now, input ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common’ into the top bar, then hit the Enter key.
- Finally, select the ‘War Thunder folder’ option and hit the Delete button.
- Install the War Thunder again.